White Plains Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
If you were injured in a work-related accident, you may be entitled to compensation. However, the process for obtaining compensation for a work-related injury is far different than that of the standard personal injury claim process. The eligibility requirements are stricter, the damages more limited, and the hoops to jump through more numerous. Our White Plains workers’ compensation lawyer at Law Office of Michael Lawrence Varon, PLLC can help you navigate the process and ensure that you obtain the compensation you need and deserve at this difficult time in your life. To maximize your workers’ compensation settlement, reach out to our New York law firm today.
- Construction Injury
- Contractor & Subcontractor Workers’ Compensation
- Crane Operator Injury
- Cruise Ship Worker Injury
- Denied Workers’ Compensation Claim
- Dock Worker Injury
- Employee Leasing Workers’ Compensation
- Employer Immunity Workers’ Compensation
- Longshoreman & Harbor Worker Injury
- Lost Wages Workers’ Compensation
- Workers’ Compensation Benefits
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Process
- Workers’ Compensation Filing Requirements
- Workers’ Compensation Settlements
- Workplace Injury
You would never go to a chiropractor for an eye exam or to a dentist for knee pain. Likewise, you should never work with an attorney who does not routinely handle workers’ compensation claims for your work-related injury. Without experienced representation, you risk losing out on benefits or having your claim denied because of a technicality.
At the Law Office of Michael Lawrence Varon, PLLC, we focus a significant portion of our practice on New York state workers’ compensation claims. White Plains workers’ compensation lawyer Michael Varon offers more than 20 years of legal experience to his clients and has a successful track record negotiating and litigating cases.
How to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim
While you do not need a workers’ compensation attorney to help you fill out a workers’ compensation claim, a lawyer can make the whole process much easier on you. The right attorney will advise you of your rights and on what you may be entitled to in terms of settlement. He or she may also file the claim on your behalf, assist with the application process, and/or support you throughout the entire process. Most importantly, the right lawyer can advise you on what you need to do to maximize your compensation. Some steps our New York workers’ compensation lawyer may advise you to take include the following:
- Report the accident to your supervisor immediately;
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible, even if you feel fine or as though your injuries are minor;
- Make sure to see the physician that your employer recommends; otherwise you may be denied benefits; and
- Review the workers’ compensation claim documentation thoroughly, as this documentation outlines your rights and responsibilities as an injured employee.
Our lawyer can help you fight for your benefits and review any necessary documentation, but it is up to you to report the accident as soon as it happens and to seek the required medical attention. If you fail to do either of those things within a specified time frame, you may unwittingly forfeit your rights to compensation.
Why Work With a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Though workers’ compensation is designed to provide injured workers with immediate compensation to help cover the cost of medical expenses and lost wages, it is not uncommon for claims to be denied. A denial can be detrimental to an injured party’s recovery and financial well-being.
Denials can happen for a number of reasons, including but not limited to failure to seek medical attention, delaying reporting the accident, and failing to be honest in one’s account of the accident. Our lawyer can help you avoid costly mistakes and ensure that every aspect of your claim is thorough and accurate.
Breadth And Depth In Experience Handling New York Workers’ Comp Cases
One of the benefits in working with our firm is the breadth and depth of cases we’ve handled. Mr. Varon has handled everything from workplace accident claims to occupational diseases and repetitive trauma involving all types of injuries, from broken bones and back injuries to heart attacks and exposure to deadly toxins, resulting in lifelong disabilities. We also have significant experience handling denied workers’ comp claims and SSD claims resulting from on-the-job injuries.
From the initial steps of understanding the claims process, to explaining the types of benefits you are entitled to and how a lawyer will help your claim, the Law Office of Michael Lawrence Varon, PLLC, is here to provide support and personalized legal counsel.
Staying Up-To-Date With Changing Laws
New York workers’ comp law continues to change, so it is important for your attorney to be familiar with the changing laws and how they might affect your case. Some of the most recent changes include:
- In April 2007, the nature of the “permanent partial disability” radically changed, all but eliminating the prior system of “lifetime benefits” for workers who were permanently injured while in the course of their employment.
- In December 2010, the Board instituted new “Medical Treatment Guidelines” to govern treatment rendered for the most common injuries suffered by recipients of workers’ compensation — those to the back, neck, shoulder and knee. In addition to severely controlling and limiting the types and duration of treatment, these new guidelines also retroactively stripped away the right to continued “symptomatic” treatment that had been granted to injured workers with permanent disabilities years before.
Based on these changes, there is no reason to believe that the continuous reforming of the workers’ comp system will end soon. We know how to adapt to these changes and make it a priority to stay updated with the changes as soon as they occur.
Your First Consultation Is Free — Contact Our White Plains Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Today
Please contact the team at the Law Office of Michael Lawrence Varon, PLLC, to schedule your free consultation. Call 914-294-2145 or contact us online. Located in White Plains, we serve the surrounding communities, as well as New York City.